QuickTime media player is one of the best media player developed by Apple. It is primarily created to support MOV files. It can record and play high definition videos with best quality. You might have seen some error messages like “QuickTime Error 2048 Couldn't Open the File“ along with the file name, while you trying to open some MOV files in your QuickTime media player. This is because of the fault in the QuickTime media player or due to the corrupted MOV file.
Do you want to know how to repair corrupted video file like MOV file after QuickTime error 2048 couldn't open the file. If so then this is the right place as this article can guide you on how to fix QuickTime error 2048 couldn't open the file. You just need to download QuickTime File Repair Software to fix QuickTime error 2048, which are unable to play in QuickTime player.
How QuickTime Error 2048 Occurs?
- QuickTime Error 2048 will occur if there is any corruption in the MOV files.
- If you download the MOV file from any unauthorized sites or server, then it may not be able to play in the QuickTime media player, due to the fault in the file thereby resulting in QuickTime 2048 errors.
- Due to the virus infection/malware attack on MOV files leads to corruption of the file and if you try to open those infected MOV files then it will show QuickTime Error 2048.
- One of the main reason for QuickTime Error 2048 is the interruptions while sending the MOV file through internet
- If you were using any MOV file at the time of sudden power surge or shutdown of system, it may damage your MOV file leading to the occurrence of QuickTime Error 2048
- When you try to open your MOV file faulty media player, it can corrupt the MOV file stating an error message “QuickTime Error 2048”
- QuickTime Error 2048 can also be shown due to the MOV file corruptions that occurs because of incomplete download of the MOV file, OS-reinstallation, bad sectors etc.
- If you try to edit your MOV file on any video editing tool then that may also cause error in the file.
Features of QuickTime File Repair Software
- Any error messages like “QuickTime error 2048 couldn't open the file” can be resolved by repairing MOV files by using this software.
- Possible to fix MOV error 2048, if it is caused due to faulty media player.
- It also allows you to fix blurry movies in an effective and efficient way.
- This software is fully automatic and can repair QuickTime error 2048 very quickly.
- Quick time error 2048 repair tool is very powerful and it can repair each and every small corruption issues in the MOV file.
- Quick time error 2048 fix is an effortless task with the help of this repairing tool, it can also be used to repair MOV in VLC, when it is not able to play due to some corruption issues
- This software is very user friendly and takes less time to repair MOV files.
- Possible to preview the MOV file after repairing the file.
Steps to use QuickTime file repair software:
Step1: Download and install QuickTime File Repair Software on your system. Select the MOV file to repair it.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step2: You can also choose another MOV file for reference. Select the file from where you saved it, and click open to choose it.Now click on the Repair button.
Fig 2: Browse File Screen
Step3: It will start to repair your MOV file.
Fig 3: Repair Progress Screen
Step4: After repairing, you can view the details of your repaired file.
Fig 4: Preview File Screen
Step5: Cllick on the save button to save repaired QuickTime file. Before that, you need to choose the memory location to save your repaired MOV file. You cannot save your file if you are using the demo version of your software. You need to purchase software from the website to save your repaired MOV file.
Fig 5:Save File Screen